<VV> LM Turn Signal Switch

edward szuch egszuch at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 10:09:07 EDT 2017

My 66 Corsa just developed an issue with the left turn signal.  I have to
hold the lever down with light pressure past the normal detent to get it to
"blink" where the right side works fine.  Seems like it might be a
corrosion issue in the switch itself since everything else seems to work
fine.  All bulbs are good, tried a new flasher switch but still have the
problem.
I pulled the steering wheel and tried to spray some contact cleaner in the
switch area but it didn't help. I didn't see any obvious corrosion.
My next step will be to tear it all apart but I'm not sure if the switch
can be disassembled.
Any similar experiences and what was the fix?
Thanks very much.

Gary Szuch.