<VV> LM Turn Signal Switch

Harry Yarnell (Verizon) harryyarnell at verizon.net
Thu Jun 8 13:24:02 EDT 2017

Bad plastic cam?

-----Original Message-----
From: VirtualVairs [mailto:virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org] On Behalf Of
edward szuch via VirtualVairs
Sent: Thursday, June 08, 2017 10:09 AM
To: virtualvairs at corvair.org
Subject: <VV> LM Turn Signal Switch

My 66 Corsa just developed an issue with the left turn signal.  I have to
hold the lever down with light pressure past the normal detent to get it to
"blink" where the right side works fine.  Seems like it might be a corrosion
issue in the switch itself since everything else seems to work fine.  All
bulbs are good, tried a new flasher switch but still have the problem.
I pulled the steering wheel and tried to spray some contact cleaner in the
switch area but it didn't help. I didn't see any obvious corrosion.
My next step will be to tear it all apart but I'm not sure if the switch can
be disassembled.
Any similar experiences and what was the fix?
Thanks very much.

Gary Szuch.