<VV> OT - Want Advice on New Car Purchase

ChiefTAM at aol.com ChiefTAM at aol.com
Wed Jun 21 21:19:00 EDT 2017

All good vehicles to consider, and not actually too pricey, relatively
speaking.

Subaru is a great vehicle, lasts a long time, and has probably the best
resale of the group.  Safe too.

Chevy Equinox is rated well, have a sister who has had a couple and really
likes them.  I happen to be a diesel fan, I like the torque and mileage,
and Equinox will have a small diesel that will get 40 plus mpg.

Kia makes a good vehicle, pretty reliable, nice features, although some
things are a bit cheap in them.  Still, pretty reliable and a good  value.
Check with Kia, our local Kia dealer doubles the factory  warranty to 10 years
and 200,000 miles.  That has to be worth  something...

Good luck.

In a message dated 6/21/2017 9:28:14 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
virtualvairs at corvair.org writes:

My wife  has a CRV too and loves it.  It's actually her third CRV (the
first  was a 2000) and she will probably stick with them forever.   --J.B.

JPOPINSKI3--- via VirtualVairs wrote:
> Add the Honda CR-V  to your list.  Just bought one for my wife and she
just
>  loves it. I do too!  Easy to get in and out of, lots of room,  drives
well,
> has a 1.5L turbo (200HP), get 25+ MPG in town and  35 on hwy.  We  looked
at
> those you listed plus the  Outback.  Decided on CR-V for price and
> reputation.  Get the  Touring AWD model with all the electronics.  We
paid around
>  $33K for it.
>
> Joe
>

> In a message dated 6/20/2017 7:51:51 P.M.  Central Daylight Time,
> virtualvairs at corvair.org  writes:
>
> The MRS  is in need of a new vehicle before  winter. At 57, other than my
> 2000 Harley,  this will be my first  new vehicle.
>
> We are looking at AWD vehicles;  Chevy,  Honda, KIA, Nissan, Subaru,
Toyota,
> NO Trucks.
>
> *  Something very  reliable (We plan on keeping it until it falls  apart)
> * Easy to get in and  out of (Something NOT to high or to  low)
> * Does not cost a lot to maintain  when it comes to regular  services
> * Does not cost an arm and a leg to   purchase
>
> What do you have?
>
> So far we like  the:
>
> Subaru  Forster
> Chevy Equinox