<VV> What have you done with your Corvair in March?

Robert Brought blbrought at gmail.com
Sun Mar 5 13:25:43 EST 2017

Replacing my front side walk with pavers.  My '64 Rampside hauled a cubic
yard of gravel (2,100 pounds) home, 12 miles, followed by a half yard of
sand,  (1,2000 pounds) and two loads of 6x6 pavers (1,900 pounds each).  I
aired the tires up to 40 psi, and drove gently, keeping the speed at 45 or
lower.  The truck rode very well with the load, and seemed to stop with
little difficulty.  The guys at the landscape supply place commented
several times that the Rampside handled the load better than a One and 1/2
ton dually.  More than one asked to see the engine, which I was happy to do

All in all, the old Rampside saved me over $250 in delivery fees, plus I
know from experience that their big dump truck would have broken my drive
way.  No, I don't beat my Grandmother!!!