<VV> Late model horn

Robert Brought blbrought at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 21:52:17 EDT 2017

I took the steering wheel off, (65 Corsa, standard wheel) to paint it.  I
reassembled it exactly as it came off and now depressing the horn ring does
not honk the horn.  I have had it apart and back together several times,
cleaned all contact points and checked  that all parts are where they are
supposed to be.  I dismantled my wifes' daily driver to compare, all looks
correct and when I put hers back together , it works.  When I short the
little spring loaded contact to the center shaft , the horn honks, so I
know that the horn and wiring are good.  What am I missing??????

Bob Brought