<VV> Late model horn

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Fri Mar 24 22:08:11 EDT 2017

I took the steering wheel off, (65 Corsa, standard wheel) to paint it.  I
reassembled it exactly as it came off and now depressing the horn ring does
not honk the horn.  I have had it apart and back together several times,
cleaned all contact points and checked  that all parts are where they are
supposed to be.  I dismantled my wifes' daily driver to compare, all looks
correct and when I put hers back together , it works.  When I short the
little spring loaded contact to the center shaft , the horn honks, so I
know that the horn and wiring are good.  What am I missing??????

Bob Brought

I would think that when you painted the wheel, you somehow covered the area  the ground is made to the metal  of the horn ring /

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Corvair-Patio

http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages