<VV> Fast steering arms

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Mon Mar 27 09:39:21 EDT 2017

Hi John,

I'm in the "faster steering is better" camp.  We have the cast fast arms (I'm pretty sure they are the same as the old IECO arms) on all three of our cars.  They're pretty easy to install:

- Jack up front of the car, put on jackstands
- Remove front tires and drums
- Unbolt the tie rod ends and two bolts that hold the arms on
- Reverse steps to install new arms using the longer bolts, torque everything
- Set toe in

Before anyone else brings it up, we like these with fast ratio boxes too, it makes the steering about as fast as Ellie's dad's Cadillac XTS.  The major downside of the arms is the Ackerman is off so the front end scrubs at full lock.  Driving on the street isn't an issue, just parking lots.

--Bryan