<VV> FW: Will the Corvair Kill You?

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Thu Nov 16 17:24:49 EST 2017

Corvair ownere everywhere

In a message dated 11/16/2017 12:03:50 P.M. US Mountain Standard Tim,
virtualvairs at corvair.org writes:

I guess that I sound like an old fuddy duddy complaining  about the use of
this Title" WILL THE CORVAIR KILL YOU?

But I object to its use!!!

Using a term or title like that implies a  measure of doubt on the safety
and control of the Corvairs...all of them. And  there should NEVER be  any
question or doubt. The Corvairs are all  SAFE. Chevrolet proved it many times.
But if your are still wondering, the  NHTSA PROVED that the Corvairs were
safe back in 1972 during a   government sponsored comprehensive testing
sequence.

To start questioning the Corvair's safety  record after 50 years of safe
handling is insulting to all the Corvair owners  and it shows a large quantity
of narrow thinking.

I think that Hagerty owes all the  Corvair owners an apology for even
bringing up the question. Hagerty could of  at least toned it down to a question
of safe handling or comparative driving  fun. But to imply that the cars
might KILL you is stupid and  insulting.

Bob  Helt

Subject: Will the Corvair Kill  You?

www.hagerty.com

Larry Webster tries his hardest  to flip a Chevrolet Corvair. In his 1965
book, Unsafe at Any Speed, Ralph  Nader called the Corvair "the  one-car
accident."

the  property
mailto:vv-help at corvair.org
http://www.corvair.org/