<VV> Early Brakes

Hugo Miller Hugo at aruncoaches.co.uk
Fri Nov 17 15:02:37 EST 2017

### I once owned a modern car with ABS. One day there was a very light
dusting of snow. The brakes had virtually no effect. Without ABS the wheels
would have slid a bit & immediately burned through the snow, but with ABS
the car just kept going like it had no brakes at all. Very disconcerting.
My 1960 Impala has the original non-powered drum brakes, & they work just
fine, just like my Corvair. Need a bit of pressure if you have to stop in a
hurry, but if you drive normally they are perfectly adequate.