<VV> Happy Thanksgiving and a little Corvair thanks too

Larry Forman larry at forman.net
Thu Nov 23 12:10:03 EST 2017

Good Morning and Happy Thanksgiving,

Today I got up and found, as I was rebuilding the carbs for the 65 Monza
110 PG, that the left carb was missing the power enrichment needle -
just not there!   I was always wondering why I had trouble balancing
those carbs despite the fact that I was told the carbs had just been
rebuilt.
I just knew I had to take them apart and see if anything was wrong.

Now it all makes sense.   I also found the top base gasket was
incorrectly installed and part of it was shrouding the fuel intake to
the right cylinder head.  Finally, I noticed that for one carb there was
casting flash in the fuel inlet channel behind the fuel inlet filter
that would disrupt the fuel flow.   A hand held drill bit sized to the
channel cleaned that up.   I will need to check that area carefully in
the future when rebuilding Corvair carbs.

Take care,

Larry