<VV> Happy Thanksgiving and a little Corvair thanks too

William Hubbell wjhubbell at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 13:40:42 EST 2017

Imagine!  A discussion about carbs on Thanksgiving!!!  Thanks for giving me the giggles!!

Bill

On Nov 23, 2017, at 12:10 PM, Larry Forman via VirtualVairs <virtualvairs at corvair.org> wrote:

Good Morning and Happy Thanksgiving,

Today I got up and found, as I was rebuilding the carbs for the 65 Monza 110 PG, that the left carb was missing the power enrichment needle - just not there!   I was always wondering why I had trouble balancing those carbs despite the fact that I was told the carbs had just been rebuilt.
I just knew I had to take them apart and see if anything was wrong.

Now it all makes sense.   I also found the top base gasket was incorrectly installed and part of it was shrouding the fuel intake to the right cylinder head.  Finally, I noticed that for one carb there was casting flash in the fuel inlet channel behind the fuel inlet filter that would disrupt the fuel flow.   A hand held drill bit sized to the channel cleaned that up.   I will need to check that area carefully in the future when rebuilding Corvair carbs.

Take care,

Larry