<VV> 1964 powerglide transmission still leaks a little, where? / Belts

FrankDuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sun Apr 8 11:33:03 EDT 2018

Harbor Freight Hydraulic table 1000 lb capacity.

Engine sits on flat surface, no need for a rotating type stand used by
other engines. Set it on a flat workbench capable of holding 300 lbs,
using the hydraulic table to lift it there.

Frank DuVal

On 4/7/2018 5:38 PM, Ignacio Valdes via VirtualVairs wrote:
> Now that the motor is out, what can I do to buy or build a waist-high
> engine stand to re-work the engine?
>
> The parts list so far:
> Engine grommet set
> Engine gasket least complete set
> 2 choke upper rods 1 choke lower rod
> Transaxle gasket set.
> Shifter cable grommet.
> Fuel Line set
> #10 x 1/2 sheet metal screws Home store
> #10 x 32 from Clarks qty 10 or 12.
> 15/16 head nuts 12 grade 8 with washers
> Temperature sender
> Tom Knoblauch San Antonio for machining the heads.
> Differential gasket set
> Transmission gasket set
> Powder coater on Jones rd in Houston to do shrouds.
>
> On Sat, Apr 7, 2018 at 4:33 PM, Ignacio Valdes <ivaldes at hal-pc.org> wrote:
>
>> Thanks. With the help of Corvair Houston members today we decided to just
>> take the whole motor out. See attached pictures. Multiple problems were
>> found including a blown head gasket, blocked air passages, caked fan belt
>> powder everywhere, and multiple leaks. The plan is to get the removed heads
>> to Tom Knoblauch for machining, gasket sets from Clark's and while we are
>> at it all the shrouds and fan and visible bay parts are going to be taken
>> for cleaning and powder coating. It is all apart right now.  We hope to
>> have another weekend session to have it all back together sometime in May.
>> -- IV
>>

>> On Mon, Apr 2, 2018 at 10:33 PM, Joel McGregor <joel at joelsplace.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Just to summarize leak locations:
>>> External:
>>> 1) TV o-ring
>>> 2) Governor o-ring
>>> 3) Shift cable o-ring
>>> 4) Shift cable housing cracks
>>> 5) Pan gasket
>>> 6) Dipstick tube connection
>>> 7) Front pump o-ring/gasket/bolts
>>> 8) Rear seal
>>> 9) Stator shaft o-ring in differential
>>> 10) Modulator gasket
>>>
>>> Internal:
>>> 2 seals and one pinion adjuster o-ring sealing transmission fluid from