<VV> Engine KNOCK

Hugo Miller Hugo at aruncoaches.co.uk
Mon Aug 20 23:32:01 EDT 2018

I bought a Corvette with twenty year old gas in the tank. There was a layer
of gum in the bottom of the tank, which I got rid of by pouring in fresh
gas, sloshing it around then pumping back out, into various bowls & other
receptacles. When I got clean fresh gas instead of the gummy stuff coming
out I filled it with fresh gas once more & it ran absolutely fine.
I probably poured in and syphoned out about five gallons of gas before it
came out clean. I let the old gas in the bowls settle, so all the gum &
varnish sank to the bottom. I syphoned off the clean but ancient gas out of
the bowls and into cans and used it a bit at a time by adding a bit every
time I filled any of my vehicles with gas. The gum that settled on the
bottom of the bowls I just wiped up with paper towels. Evil, nasty stuff it
is. Sticks to everything and has an odor that sticks in your nostrils. But
it's gone!
The whole process was a lot easier than I thought it would be.