<VV> 1965 Monza Battery Lead Install?

Jim Becker mr.jebecker at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 01:13:05 EST 2018

Carl,
Your electrician is right.  The negative battery terminal should be
connected to ground.  The positive battery terminal has a heavy cable plus a
light cable.  The heavy one goes to the starter solenoid.  The light one
should connect to the little red junction block.  The block should be
attached physically to the frame rail near the battery.  It should not be
electrically connected to the frame as it is a "hot" connection.  If that is
where you are connecting the light cable, you have a short to ground either
at the junction block or somewhere else in the hot wires running through the
car.

Jim Becker