<VV> 1965 Monza Battery Lead Install?

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Mon Dec 10 19:18:43 EST 2018

Yes, short circuit = lots of current flow + smoke and possible fire.

Jim is right, if you looked at pictures you missed the red small wire from the battery terminal attaches to a ( horrid ) red plastic thingy, HRPT for short in old Corvair discussions here on VV. It does not connect to chassis or “ground/earth”.

This red terminal is just GMs tie point for several always hot not fused connections, not just on Corvairs, but several GM models back in the 60s.

Search Corvaircenter.com/phorum for color pictures of this tie point, maybe with the search term “hrpt” or “Add circuit breaker” on a late model Corvair.

Frank DuVal