<VV> A couple of 94mm questions

Bruce Carlton bcarlice at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 24 17:57:31 EST 2018

 you My race engine uses 94 mm jugs and I have had no problems and I run the engine with a 6800 to 7000 redline. I run track days and I run the engine hard. I have bored the case for the 94 mm jugs such that the head studs have very little metal between the threads and the bored opening. On the good head stud threads I just put the head studs right back in. On a few stud holes where the threads were suspect or bad, I used helicoils. The engine has been apart twice in it's lifetime and therefore retorqued twice. I made a lot of oiling modifications / improvements such that bearing life is excellent.On the first teardown I had progressive rod bearing wear from back to front  though wear was still within assembly specs, evidently from startup wear. That was solved with the installation of an accusump to prelube the engine before startup. The second teardown showed even, but minimum bearing wear. At most .0003 in. on rod bearings. The bearings went right back in. I hope your experience is as good as mine. If you are interested I can tell you all of what I did to the engine.
Bruce Carlton