<VV> New shroud staples are very tough to bend?

Ignacio Valdes ivaldes at hal-pc.org
Sat Jul 7 11:26:48 EDT 2018

Talking with Clark's the way you put these stainless steel staples in is
grab each end with a needle nose plier on each end so it doesn't rock like
a see-saw when you try to bend it. Bend it as much as you can in the
desired direction which isn't that much because these things are stiff.
Then get a body dolly below and a hammer on top and hammer the ends down to
fold them the rest of the way.  Wow that's a lot of work but this technique
works.  This technique is not included in the instructions that I can see.
Regular steel staples are probably softer but will rust. -- IV