<VV> 64 run circuit problem

Hugo Miller hugo at aruncoaches.co.uk
Fri Jun 15 08:28:30 EDT 2018

1) Does a 9volt coil actually draw a heavy current when exposed to 12
volts? I don't know the answer - I've never tried it. If it does, this
analysis makes sense; if it doesn't, then this answer doesn't work
either! 2) I would caution against using a voltmeter to tell whether
there is current getting to the coil, whether via the resistor or not. A
voltmeter will show 12 volts even if there is only a tiny current
getting through - enough to power the voltmeter but not enough to power
the coil. In fact - and again I've never tried this so I don't know for
sure - I reckon you will see 12 volts no matter which side of the
resistor you measure it (i.e. before or after the resistor).