<VV> Freeing a stuck motor.

Jay Maechtlen jaysplace at laserpubs.com
Wed Jun 20 02:14:08 EDT 2018

On 6/19/2018 10:54 PM, Ignacio Valdes via VirtualVairs wrote:
> What fitting does one use to get the compressed air in?  I have a
> plain compressed air dust blow gun with the rubber tip but I don't know if
> that is long enough to reach through the top shroud. Is that sufficient or
> is there a better way? Also I do not understand what " top of piston in
> most likely  8-9 sq. in.”?" means?
You could also pull carbs and exh manifolds, use air nozzle to blow
oil/atf into those.

To break it loose, a big screwdriver/prybar between flywheel/ring gear
teeth and bellhousing/starter nose.
That will bet you enough leverage to un-stick it.
Then you rock it back and forth with ring gear then use the bolt on the
harmonic.
I say 'rock it' because that lets some of the crud that you're scraping
off the cyl walls to get out of there and fresh oil to get it.
But if it doesn't free up pretty quick after breaking it loose, then it
needs to get torn down anyway.

I wouldn't expect that air pressure on the piston would do the job of
breaking it loose, but - eh,  you could try.
The adapters they make for compression testers, maybe? Just a rubber tip
thingie could work.
I took an old spark plug once, broke the porcelain out of it, and welded
some kind of fitting to it.