<VV> STUCK MOTOR

N2VZD n2vzd at aol.com
Wed Jun 20 15:57:44 EDT 2018

The main problem I have found with stuck motors is mostly wrist pins frozen. Only way to get at them is remove the top cover . That also lets you look at crank surfaces for the grit that forms if they have sat long enough to form (6-10 years sitting?)  Just getting one of these running without knowing there is grit involved (like sand)  can be a disaster. Maybe drain the oil and look.  I only got caught in this trap once. I found issues a couple more times on motors that were long time dormant.
 If I cant get it going by pry bar on 2 bolts in the crank pulley , I tear into it to look.
Regards, Tim Colson