<VV> 64 engine dies Resolution

FrankDuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Thu Jun 21 01:12:37 EDT 2018

OK, here is my theory, and I almost posted this earlier when the jumper
wire was mentioned.

When the circuit supplying +12 volts to the front of the car (dash area)
went bad, the current using the jumper wire to the + coil terminal was
now supplying power to the dash area, and that current was flowing
through the resistor wire. Now, if the resistor wire was getting hot
with no jumper wire, I do not see in the '64 wiring diagram where that
might backfeed power from the coil and cause a hot resistor. Maybe I
will look at the diagram again in the light of day....

Frank DuVal