<VV> Spyder Temp-Press light diagnosis

Hugo Miller hugo at aruncoaches.co.uk
Sun Dec 1 22:10:09 EST 2019

Nine times out of ten (I'm talking about cars in general, not
Corvair-specific) it will be a faulty switch rather than low pressure.
But I got caught out once with a Saab 9000, which I had lent to a
friend. She said the oil light was reluctant to go out until you got the
revs up. I checked the oil level and dismissed it as a faulty switch.
But it wasn't. These engines have an unfortunate habit of blocking the
oil feed pipe, as I discovered after she had wrecked the engine!