<VV> You won't believe what a Stinger sold for TODAY!

Rod Murray rmurray at pittsburghpenguins.com
Mon Jan 14 13:53:01 EST 2019

Doesn’t hurt the market either. Creates some serious visibility and potential interest in our cars.  I don’t see the logic in being opposed to some value appreciation for Corvairs.

Sent via Rod's Mobile device...Have a great day!

> On Jan 14, 2019, at 1:20 PM, Byron LaMotte via VirtualVairs <virtualvairs at corvair.org> wrote:
>
> Yep, one off the charts sale doesn't necessarily set the market.
>
> On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 1:11 PM John Howell via VirtualVairs <
> virtualvairs at corvair.org> wrote:
>
>> Matt,
>>
>> I looked until I got tired and never did see the actual car. People with
>> money to burn can pay that price and it is no big deal to them but that
>> does not make all other nice cars worth that much.   Bad for most of us
>> that can not afford to pay those prices for Corvairs.  You could take a
>> rough Corvair to FantomWorks and have it restored to like new for less
>> than $200,000 !  Probably less than half of that.  Yes I know it was a
>> stinger.
>>
>> John Howell
>>
>> UV417 & UV489,    Corvair trucks, vans, and cars since 1962
>>

>>> On 1/13/2019 1:30 PM, Matt wrote:
>>> From: John Howell via VirtualVairs
>>>
>>> FINALLY!   Someone with enough brains to just show the price!
>>> =====================================================
>>>
>>> Brains?  If you just went to the Mecum Website you can see that~!
>>>
>>> The actual price the BUYER paid to possess this car  $200k + 10%
>> “buyer’s Premium”   =  $220k
>>>
>>> Besides.. it wasn’t the Price….. we’ve seen $117k  $125k  in the last
>> few years…
>>>
>>> It was how the auction progressed!
>>> https://youtu.be/wY4ChmFpih8
>>>
>>> Matt Nall
>>> Sea Mtn., Or.
>>> Sent from WinMail10

Rod Murray
Senior Director, Production and Game Presentation
Pittsburgh Penguins
rmurray at pittsburghpenguins.com
Office: 412-255-1906 | Fax: 412-255-1980 | Mobile: 412-719-3449
PPG Paints Arena | 1001 Fifth Avenue | Pittsburgh, PA | 15219