<VV> Charging problem

Matt patiomatt at aol.com
Mon Jan 14 20:45:57 EST 2019

You have a bad connection in the Wiring harness connectors….  Very common to lose ONE  volt… at the front of the car / dash.  RTead your voltage at the Horn relay  and go from there..

Matt Nall
Sea Mtn., Or.
Sent from WinMail10

From: Michael Kovacs via VirtualVairs

1969
 Over the course of a week or so the car's add on voltage meter was either 12.2 (no charge) or 14+  (I used a voltage gauge and digital VOM to verify. I brought the alternator to NAPA and it was putting out 14.9 Volts. I had a few spare alternators home I picked one,replaced the brushes and replaced the front and rear bearings while it was apart. NAPA checked it after I assembled it and and also showed 14.9 volts.
I installed it and a  new NAPA voltage regulator. The old one was an original Delco. Still no charging. The voltage input to the starter is over 11 with a fully charged battery.
 Car starts immediately and everything else works. I have never encountered this problem. Usually either the alternator, voltage regulator or bad wire is the problem.

 What could be wrong? What else is in the system to prevent the alternator from charging?