<VV> vehicle values, Corvair or otherwise

Joel McGregor joel at joelsplace.com
Tue Jan 15 14:39:39 EST 2019

I can see good and bad in the overall recent higher prices for Corvairs.
Good:  Hopefully fewer Corvairs will be crushed,  hopefully more parts will be reproduced,  hopefully when I die my wife will have a gold mine with all the Corvairs I have
Bad:  Makes the hobby much more expensive.  It makes people think their old Corvair is worth a mint.  Look at the insane prices people are asking on CL lately.
I was initially attracted to Corvairs because they were great, unique cars that I could afford.  My first one was a '62 Monza 4-speed in nice driving condition for $700 and that was probably on the high end at the time.
It could cause more cars to sit around unused because people are holding out for a higher price.
Joel