<VV> Subject: Re: Compressibility of DOT-5 (Silione based brake fluid)

Hugo Miller hugo at aruncoaches.co.uk
Mon Jan 28 15:40:28 EST 2019

And of course there's Citroen in France that used to use mineral oil in
their unique braking system (used under license by Rolls Royce at one
time also I believe, along with Citroen's hydraulic suspension).
I mentioned in an earlier post that my (British) Morris Minor with
Lockheed brakes maintains 2-3 PSI in the system at all times. This seems
a sensible thing to do, as it keeps the seal lips splayed out, and I
guess it solves the issue of water ingress via hoses etc. It also makes
them a doddle to bleed.
There seems to be a sort of consensus emerging that silicone fluid
works fine in a completely new system, but can cause problems if you
just pump out the old glycol stuff & replace it with silicone fluid.