<VV> Finding manual transmission oil locally?

Joel McGregor joel at joelsplace.com
Tue Jul 9 20:12:59 EDT 2019

I was catching up on emails and just had to say something.
This is a Corvair list and the OP was asking specifically about a Corvair "75w90 gl4 gear oil for my 65 4speed tranny".  All factory manual transmission Corvairs share oil with the differential so not saying differential specifically doesn't matter since you were answering a post about a Corvair transaxle.
In your reply you said " I would avoid these and use ATF or EP 90" and "Just steer clear of anything with 'hypoid' on the label." both of which would ruin his differential.
Frank is correct.
Flame away...
Joel McGregor