<VV> SLIPPAGE

N2VZD TIM n2vzd at aol.com
Tue Mar 19 12:24:35 EDT 2019

I had a 110HP with mystery no start a few years ago.  It turned out to be the crank gear sheared the key and moved @45 degrees.  verified by pulling the pan and finding timing mark on cam gear way off. This was a rampside PG that had been severely abused , transmission had BROKEN clutch plates , and trashed differential. I think it may have seen reverse at high speed or something. Symptoms were no wind when cranking , like plugs not in , and had spark and wet plugs (gas). Fix was to change the crank. I still have the "hard luck trophy" here painted red!Regards, Tim Colson      http://cnycorvair.com/Little_Corvair_Shop.php