<VV> Electrical Problem

Hugo Miller Hugo at aruncoaches.co.uk
Sun Mar 31 06:27:00 EDT 2019

I mis-read the original post & thought he meant all the terminals on the
switch were grounding (to the body of the switch) which obviously shouldn't
happen.
If this were my car, what I would do is this - a bit brutal but it might
work; open the hood & position yourself at the back of the car; pull the
H.T. wire out of the distributor or coil; get the wife to crank the engine,
& watch for smoke! That is assuming the problem is in the engine bay of
course.
If you have a ballast resistor, the 'start' circuit will by-pass it and feed
directly to the coil.  I would suspect this wire might be grounding out
somewhere. By the same token, of course, you should have trouble getting a
spark while cranking, if you don't have a good direct feed to the coil.