<VV> FC van choke and Greenbrier weatherstrips.

Hugo Miller hugo at aruncoaches.co.uk
Mon Nov 4 12:29:43 EST 2019

I just put a second pair of specs on and stared at it a bit harder. In
my book it shows a bracket in the front firewall for the choke cables.
This has four bolts or screws. At least I thought it did, but with a
second pair of specs on it might just have two bolts at the top. The
things at the bottom that look like bolts may not be bolts. On MY
firewall, I have a plate held on by two screws in about the right place.
It has a hole, through which goes a thin little pipe which looks like a
vacuum pipe. Also my throttle cable goes through a hole way up high in
the firewall, not underneath it like the book shows.
At the front of the car there are no holes in the dash, under it or
anywhere near it. It does have an 'add-on' panel under the dash to the
left of the steering column. This contains the wiper switch and what I
presume is a washer switch, although I have no washers.
The intriguing part is that my ORIGINAL dash (not the Spyder dash that
is fitted) has the word 'CHOKE' engraved in a line with the other
markings. But there is no hole or anything underneath the word CHOKE. If
it weren't so damn wet out there (this is England!) I would crawl
underneath and see if there is any evidence of any choke fittings.
Other than that, your last suggestion might be the most plausible!
Except that the door handles tally with the early type, and it has a
gear shifter that is bent like a stick of liquorice and goes back
horizontally through a vertical panel in the cab. I believe this is the
early type & the later ones went down through the floor? Who knows what
has happened over the past sixty years!