<VV> FC van choke and Greenbrier weatherstrips.

Jim Becker mr.jebecker at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 12:17:00 EST 2019

Your "plate held on by two screws" sounds like part of the choke control
mechanism.  I pointed you to the picture in the shop manual so you might
recognize the parts or at least the location where they were mounted.

In '61, the throttle cable originally came in at the side of the
transmission.  Later models ran it through the firewall to pull directly on
the cross shaft.  As the earlier style parts were discontinued, GM supplied
a kit to convert the early vehicles.  That may be what is on yours.  Or
maybe somebody pieced the equivalent together.

The " 'add-on' panel" is part of the Spyder dash.  As I recall, it
originally held the wiper/washer switch and the cigarette lighter.  With all
the additional gauges, there was no room for those items in the main panel.

The original '61 panels had the word "CHOKE" but DID NOT HAVE ANY OTHER
HOLES FOR MOUNTING THE CHOKE CABLE.  The cable mounted below the dash.  I
don't know how else to explain it.  Maybe somebody else can come up with
different words but I have run out.  Please read this paragraph a second
time, then a third.  If you still don't understand, have somebody read it to
you.  This is the third time I have told you this and the second time I have
told you to reread what I already said.