<VV> Piston Slap - Pin Offset

James Davis hurricanehazel16 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 11:03:17 EST 2019

Yes it makes a great difference for power and slap.  All pistons with a pin
offset (99%) will have a notch in the piston crown or an arrow showing the
orientation of the piston in relation to the flywheel.  The amount of
offset is determined by the angle of the connecting rod where maximum
chamber pressure is developed.  The object is to reduce the piston's side
load as it pivots on the piston pin.  Installing the pistons backwards
increases noise ad the skirt of the piston moves to the side with great
force.  This causes increases piston skirt wear and a reduction in power..
Jim Davis