<VV> Stock?

John Pinard corvairjack at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 7 20:24:26 EST 2019

Hi guys
There is definitely a place for pure stock Corvairs for educational or historical  purpose, in or out of museums.
But for general use modifications are appropriate.
My 66 Corsa has stock appearance with improvements in safety, performance, convenience and entertainment.
Safety: Hslogen headlights, leds, dual master cylinder, adjustable tie rods, tires.
Performance: Larger pistons, roller tocker arms, electronic distributor, 100 w alternator, two electric fuel pumps, performance carbs, Roger Parent throttle linkage.
Convenience: 12 v outlet for charging phone, hands free Bluetooth.
Entertainment: AM/FM/CD unit in addition to stock AM.
These improvements allow for reliable use in Southern California city and freeway traffic.
The car has participated in many open events drawing attention with opportunity to discuss changes.
And it has won numerous people’s choice awards at Corvair shows competing  against cars with extreme paint, upholstery and engine mods.
Bottom line is that I feel okay loaning my improved car to my kids and grandkids.
They can experience the joy of driving a Corvair with  safety not available in stock.
Regards,
Jack Pinard
“Oldest  Participant at 2019 Great Western Fan Belt Toss & Swap Meet”

iPhone 8s
805.340.6533