<VV> Stock?

Hugo Miller hugo at aruncoaches.co.uk
Fri Nov 8 04:43:04 EST 2019

My view is that some mods are a matter of subjective taste (like
extreme custom jobs), while others are an objective improvement. In my
view, everything listed below will improve driveability withot making it
any less a Corvair.
A couple of questions if I may; why TWO fuel pumps? And what do you
mean by 'tie rod' (this is a linguistic question - I'm in the UK where
the terminology is often different)?
In England, my wife drives a Morris Minor tourer, dating from 1958. I
have fitted slightly bigger engine (1275cc against the original 948cc),
an alternator, 1" bigger drum brakes all round, and a higher axle ratio.
These are all things that the manufacturer would surely have done if
they had stayed in production. They all improve driveability without
detracting from the character of the car. Some people fit Toyota engines
and five speed gearboxes, which is fine, but then it no longer has the
character of a Morris Minor.