<VV> Fwd: Clip photo

William Hubbell wjhubbell at gmail.com
Sat Nov 16 14:16:40 EST 2019

I can try to explain this

Look at those two rolled metal objects on the flat part of the clip.  They are one end of a fulcrum - the other ends are the hooks holding the clip in the hole.  Originally the rolled ends were further apart and the hooks were closer together.  They put the clip in the hole and then squeezed the rolled ends together, forcing the hooked ends apart and thereby securing the clip in the hole.

To remove it, try using needle nose pliers to spread the rolled ends apart.   If that doesn’t work, try using pliers to rock and wiggle the clip fore and aft to push the hooked ends together.

Good luck

Bill

> On Nov 16, 2019, at 12:17 PM, Michael Kovacs via VirtualVairs <virtualvairs at corvair.org> wrote:

 Randy, If I remember the first communication, it was to switch from standard shift to PG. I assume the PG clips are not available new. I would either home make a similar clip(s) and use sheet metal screws to secure them to the tunnel.
 Or drill out the old ones from the donor car and reinstall it by using appropriate sheet metal screws, with a washer, to hold the clip to the tunnel.  Can the existing clips be pulled out using a screwdriver, hammer and a pliers?
  If I remember the clips were sort of punched in and bent over somehow. Only through the bottom, no access from the top.