<VV> Frank B/ Responds Re: "Stock" cars

frankcb at aol.com frankcb at aol.com
Sun Nov 17 22:49:09 EST 2019

Jay, you correctly note that seeing something in person gives access to much better detail than just seeing a picture of it.  The
reason is that you are viewing it in 3 dimensions (using 2 eyes) whereas the photo only shows it in 2 dimensions.  Reminds me of years ago when I was taking pictures with my 3D camera and showing them to viewers by projecting them in 3D using a 3D projector and having them wear 3D glasses.  One picture in particular was that of a girl at a beach in Portugal wearing a bikini.  Every time I projected that 3D slide I took a look at my audience and saw that nearly all the males watching were moving their heads to the right in an automatic effort to see around the blockage that was partially hiding the view of the bikini girl.  That 3D view was so realistic that they did it instinctively just to get a better view of the girl.
So 3D is much more realistic than 2D.
Frank Burkhard