<VV> Hood and trunk lettering

Hugo Miller hugo at aruncoaches.co.uk
Fri Nov 29 08:27:34 EST 2019

Your reasoning makes sense - I can see the problem with trying to
polish around those letters. That is all the incentive I need to not
replace them! But the fact that the indents of the letters are still
visible - that makes little sense. How exactly could you achieve such a
result even if you wanted to? You would need to block the surface after
filling the holes, and frankly I don't think I could do it that
accurately if I tried, so the holes disappear but the indents from the
letters are still there. In any case, I would not want to try filling
any holes without access to the back side - you would have to raise the
surface or risk the plugs falling through!
The good news is I am in the middle of spraying the car so I'll see
what appears when I rub that area down. I have the same situation front
and rear BTW. That's fourteen holes to fill - as I said it's a lot of
work for the P.O.!
We shall soon see!