<VV> wiring harness question

Hugo Miller hugo at aruncoaches.co.uk
Wed Oct 23 20:14:22 EDT 2019

If you look at repair or servicing costs for a modern car, combined
with depreciation, $500 is not a lot in the grand scheme of things.
Clutches shouldn't wear out, so long as you refrain from putting any
power through them till they're fully engaged. I've been driving almost
fifty years and I have NEVER had to replace a clutch on any of my
vehicles in my life.
On a different tack, as well as having four 1964 convertibles at my
place in Florida, I have just bought an FC 8 door panel van here in the
UK. Can't be many of those in the country! It's an abandoned restoration
- the previous owner put it into a shop to be restored but they went
bust. He was lucky to get the van back at all. A few small parts went
missing (seat for one) but other than that it's just a case of putting
it all back together. Beautifully re-sprayed and all chrome done, & lots
of new parts (including $800-worth of rubber seals). He sunk £12,000
into it (just under $15,000). I got it for £6,750 ($8,000). Very
pleased.