<VV> I'm thinking maybe the starter motor...

vairchris at gmail.com vairchris at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 16:12:12 EDT 2020

61 FC

I have a relatively new battery that I keep on a battery minder whenever I'm
not driving her, and the battery minder says the battery is good and full.
When I first start the truck, there is plenty of power to crank, and the
beast always starts.  Today, it was time for the annual safety inspection,
so I drove it 3 miles to the inspection station and parked it out front.
When we went to start it, it barely cranked, as if the battery barely had
enough power to make the engine turn over once.  Thankfully, that once was
all it took, and the engine fired right up.  After inspection, I drove it
home.  In neutral parked in the driveway, the alternator was putting out
between 14 and 14.5 volts.  So, I think the batter is good, and the
alternator is good.  It seems like it does this bogging down only when it is
warmed up.

Also, neither front turn signal worked today.  The rear ones worked fine,
and the signal indicator on the dash blinked normally.  I'm used to it not
blinking at all if a bulb is burned out, and I'm wondering why both bulbs
would burn out at the same time.  I will open that up and look this weekend,
but wondering if there is anything else to think about related to that.

Thanks