<VV> Oil

Michael Mauro mikeamauro at aol.com
Thu Aug 6 09:57:31 EDT 2020

After much research, I recently settled on Valvoline Full Synthetic Racing Oil, High Zinc, 10W/30; be advised, this product comes in both a synthetic blend, as-well-as a full synthetic... as I tend to lean towards the "best" for my Vairs; hence, I chose the full-synthetic. Both the blend and the full-synthetic are specifically engineered for flat-tappet engines.

Previously, after break-in period, I was using Mobil1 + a ZDDP additive. Now, with this Valvoline product, I can (and do) skip the ZDDP additive. OBTW: too much ZDDP can be harmful (corrosion, deposits, etc.).

Since switching to the Vavoline product, engine mechanical sounds are less, especially at cold start up; and, oil consumption, from burn off, is nill. I found Wallmart, online, to be the best (read: in stock and least expensive) source. And that's my 2-cents worth.