<VV> I'm thinking maybe the starter motor...

tony.. tony.underwood at cox.net
Fri Aug 7 14:11:41 EDT 2020

 >On 8/6/2020 8:35 PM, Charles Sadek via VirtualVairs wrote:

 >> Add internal worn contacts in solenoid.. with heat, not as good a
marginal contact.. They get a coating and worn areas - recall for those
of you who used to rebuild them. Increased resistance, poor connectors
external and internal. Poor connectivity..

 > Chuck S

I still rebuild starters... cuz I'm cheap.  Just redid the starter on
the'60 4-door, first time it's been touched for about 15 years.

By the way:  I suspected the same "dragging" issues with the starter on
the '65 ragtop.  Slow cranking when hot.  I sprayed it with the garden
hose for a minute or so and it cranked as it was supposed to.   I still
haven't fixed it...  :)

tony..

--
https://www.avg.com