<VV> Rear Window Project

tony.. tony.underwood at cox.net
Sat Aug 8 16:43:35 EDT 2020

Take this comment for what it's worth...

I once read an article about a guy who formed a Lexan rear backlight
"glass" for a roadrace car (not a Corvair) by using a stock backlight
glass as a form/buck, a sheet of MRI Lexan, and a home brew wooden bake
oven (described as more of a long trunk than anything else)  and a heat
gun.  He laid the stock glass on blocks to level it, then draped the
Lexan over it, shut the "door" of his oven and piped the heat gun into
the "oven" and cooked the lot.  It took a while but the plastic
eventually softened and draped itself over the factory glass.  I assumed
he simply used a saw to trim the excess.  You can cut Lexan with a
jigsaw easily, just tape up the areas around the cutting line with
masking tape to avoid scratching from the saw's "skid plate" or whatever
it's called...

If you use Lexan for such things, ask for MRI Lexan.  It's much more
difficult to scratch or haze up.  I used Lexan MRI for my Goldwing
motorcycle, original plexiglass windscreen was dulling and yellowing.

tony..

--
https://www.avg.com