<VV> Maybe the starter.

Hugo Miller hugo at aruncoaches.co.uk
Sun Aug 9 12:23:25 EDT 2020

I once had an old redneck mechanic try to convince me that wooden
clothes pins (or clothes pegs in England) clipped on to the fuel lines
would cure vapour-lock by acting as a 'heat sink'. I tried to explain
that wood would make a very poor heat sink. Then the penny dropped -
what the clothes pegs were doing was acting as an insulator, keeping the
under-hood heat away from the fuel lines. So he was right in a redneck
kind of way.