<VV> 5 speed transmission

Cliff Tibbitts cliff at tibweb.com
Fri Aug 21 12:34:17 EDT 2020

Chuck Sadek and Jim Simpson have both made good points regarding the use of
a Subaru or any other transmission in a Corvair.  I thought all along it
was rather impractical in the long run, but fun to think about.  As I
mentioned earlier, I am sticking with the 3.55 I have now.  I don't like
driving at 70 -75 MPH and running 3500-3750 RPM but I don't do it that
often.  As for the gas mileage, as someone who typically puts 8000 miles a
year on my Corvair, I still don't think the savings would warrant all the
cost and effort to convert anyway.

I just thought it was an interesting topic and it did generate quite a bit
of interest.

Cliff Tibbitts
cliff at tibweb.com