<VV> "This was all brought about by our Corvair Landspeed racers"

James P. Rice ricebugg at comcast.net
Sat Aug 22 12:17:28 EDT 2020

Matt:  First, thanks for informing us of the Hemmings material,

Second, as the guy who recently brought up the 5-speed transaxle in a
Corvair, who was at the CORSA Convention in 1999 when the conversion broke
cover and then broke, how is the Corvair at Bonneville related, in either a
cause or effect way, to the 5-speed discussion?

Seems to me to be a total disconnect with known history.

And by the way, CONGRADULATIONS!!! to all involved.  Job well done!!!

When Tom Keosababian from Grants Pass Oregon(?) went 173.something(?) way
back when, he said he thought about sending Ralph Nader a telegram saying:
"I have driven a Corvair to 173.something(?) and have yet to find a speed it
is unsafe at."

Tom's car is now in the Corvair Museum south of Springfield Illinois on "old
Route 66."  Check out the Corvair Preservation Foundation web site.  Sorry,
I don't have the exact web address, but you should be able to find it w/o
much difficulties.  I'm sure if you wait a bit, someone will post the web
address.  And maybe pictures and other information.

Historically Yours,

		James Rice

Message: 2
This was all brought about  by our Corvair Landspeed racers
https://www.hagerty.com/media/motorsports/corvair-racers-capture-land-speed-
records-on-the-bonneville-salt/?utm_source=SFMC&utm_medium=email&utm_content
=20_August_21_Newsletter_NewDD

Matt Nall
Sea Mountain
SW? Oregon Coast