<VV> Coils.

Hugo Miller hugo at aruncoaches.co.uk
Mon Feb 17 10:56:20 EST 2020

I'm not saying it doesn't work - just that it's incorrectly labelled!
This is a characteristic of this country which I, as a linguistically
pedantic Brit, observe a lot. Take the Florida drivers' manual - it
specifies that you must have vision of 20/40 (or whatever) in EACH AND
BOTH EYES. Unless you're blind in one eye, in which case you only need
to meet the standard in the good eye.
Then there's the beautiful stone County line marker near me where
somebody has carved out the words 'CITURS COUNTY'. And a street sign in
Miami labelled 'Washignton Avenue'. It all adds character I guess - like
labelling a 9 volt coil '12v', to catch out the unwary ;)
A word about Lucas since you mentioned them - there is stuff on eBay
and elsewhere sold as Lucas equipment, in the correct green boxes and
everything. I have a feeling that the Chinese bought the name, but
whatever the story is, it's all absolute cr at p. There is still some NOS
proper Lucas stuff around but it's getting hard to find.
The good news is that there is a guy in England manufacturing superb
repro Lucas equipment, such as regulators etc. I can find his details if
anyone needs them. The Chinese Lucas regulators need adjusting every six
months, unlike the originals which never needed touching for the life of
the car.
The Chevy headlight switch - I suppose that counts as a circuit-breaker
- it's actually a bi-metallic strip, isn't it? What I mean is that most
circuit-breakers 'pop' and need resetting, whereas the Chevy light
switch will come back by itself when it cools down. I think that's
correct, isn't it? Clever idea though. Having your headlights suddenly
go out on a dark night is mitigated by the fact that they will at least
come back by themselves ;)