<VV> 'Hour-glass' head screws?

Hugo Miller hugo at aruncoaches.co.uk
Thu Jan 2 09:55:59 EST 2020

I am trying to differentiate between the two! But it seems that the
'hour-glass' slot is also called a clutch-head, even though it isn't a
clutch drive like the 'one-way' security screws.
I don't think I've ever seen one until I changed the throttle cable on
my van. I wonder why GM would have used them? They could just as easily
have used a hex-head or a slotted screw. I can't see any practical
advantages to the 'hour-glass' slot. And I have certainly never seen a
tool for undoing them, so I had to improvise.