<VV> Why did they use the Clutch Head

Hugo Miller hugo at aruncoaches.co.uk
Fri Jan 3 04:46:11 EST 2020

That makes a kind of sense - I see them as the fore-runner of Torx
fasteners. But the only place I have found them on my Corvan is the
shield over the front of the throttle cable, where it would have been
just as easy to use a socket or flat head screwdriver. I guess there
were others but they have been replaced over the years.
I well remember when the Ford Cortina MkIII came out in the UK in about
1970. The head was held on wih Torx bolts. Nobody had seen them before
and, more importantly, no-one had a clue how to undo them. Torx bits
weren't readily available at tht time, although I presume the
dealerships had them.