<VV> Spanish Greenbrier scam?

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Thu Jan 9 08:51:34 EST 2020

FWIW, I had a similar VIN issue on the title for our wagon - the title had a '2' for the 'W'.  It took some work, but I got the DMV to fix it.  During that, I found that the state will do an inspection on a vehicle to provide a clear title.

I don't know anything about the particular history of this van, but it could be the tag was removed somewhere along the line, then punched in by an agency and whoever did it should have put on their glasses first.  That is clearly not a factory stamping, and for that matter they all had tags anyway.

Also bear in mind that Corvairs were cheap for quite some time, and there are a lot of re-bodied ones floating around because getting a new body was cheaper than getting a new title.  I know today people get up in arms over it, but that's the way it was then.

--Bryan