<VV> Spanish Greenbrier scam?

Hugo Miller hugo at aruncoaches.co.uk
Thu Jan 9 11:39:04 EST 2020

That is very interesting. Why do you say it is clealy not a factory
stamping? The title documents all show a 5 not an S also. Surely it's
easier to switch the VIN plate than to stamp a fresh number by hand?
There is, I believe, a hidden VIN stamping under the chassis. But before
I can check that, I need to find the van!
But there is more to this story. I bought this van on eBay and it was
spposed to be delivered earlier this week. The seller has now gone to
ground. But on Monday I discovered it was listed on ebay again, so I
bought it a second time, using my US ebay identity (I'm in the UK right
now). I am currently stringing the seller along to try & get to the
bottom of it all.
He has posted detailed pics of the van, and of all the documents. He
even posted pictures of himself. I have his address (purportedly) and I
have his bank details. These are very odd actions for a scammer. But on
the other hand, I don't have my van!
I'm planning a trip to Spain next week.